Finding tailor made solutions for all your legal challenges
Residential Sale Pricing
Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer or an investor, we are here to take the stress out of buying and selling a home. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and tailor our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
We have an experienced team who understand the stresses involved in selling property. We provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking care of all the important legal details and removing any confusion and uncertainty from the process of selling a property. The legal work on your sale will be carried out by a qualified solicitor assigned to your matter.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately, we will make everything as clear as possible. Our team are made up of highly qualified Solicitors who have the legal and technical knowledge and experience to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
We also recognise that communication is key, especially where there are complex issues to deal with, so will ensure you are always kept up-to-date and get answers to your questions.
The solicitor handling your matter will make sure that they are available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have. We know property is often the biggest investment you have, so we want to offer a reliable, first-class service to protect that investment, while giving you value for money with no hidden fees.
The majority of our work stems from repeat business from existing clients, recommendations from our clients and new business generated from our long-standing relationships with local estate agents.
We are proud to hold CQS Accreditation, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis. At the start of the transaction we will provide you with a bespoke costs estimate based on the circumstances of your transaction which will include details of all legal costs, VAT and any known disbursements. This is not a fixed fee. If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided. Usually we will only deviate from our initial costs estimate if the matter becomes protracted or there are unforeseen circumstances that were not evident at the start of the transaction.
In the event that there are any disbursements for which we cannot have a definitive figure at the outset (such as the landlord’s fees for providing the management pack on a leasehold property sale) we will endeavour to use our experience to provide you with a realistic estimate.
The level of fees will depend on various factors, including the required timescale (please note we can work to tight deadlines if required) the value and whether the transaction involves freehold or leasehold property. Typically, our fees will fall within a range of £1,100.00 plus VAT to £3,000.00 plus VAT per property transaction.
These are payments we make on your behalf to third parties. The type of disbursement payable will depend on the nature of the transaction. Examples of typical disbursements are listed below (not all of these will apply to each transaction).
Replies to LPE1 enquiries ( Management Pack) – required for Leasehold properties
£200.00 plus VAT to £300.00 plus VAT on average – depending on the identity of the freeholder and or the managing agents
Land Registry Title Documents
£6.00 per set
What is included?
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Explaining the conveyancing process and what is required from you to progress the sale
- Providing you with the sellers forms (property information form, fittings and contents form and if applicable leasehold information form) to complete and assisting you with any questions you have regarding the forms
- Contacting your mortgage company for a redemption statement and to agree arrangements for the repayment of the mortgage
- Obtaining an up to date copy of your title from Land Registry
- Drafting the contract for sale and any other necessary documents and reviewing these with you
- Sending the contract pack to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Keeping you updated with progress and liaising with the estate agent as necessary
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Confirming a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notifying you that this has happened
- Completing the sale
We do not undertake tax advice.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require an exchange within 2-3 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 3-4 weeks of instructing us
- If you require a Deed of Variation or a lease extension as part of the sale process.
- If all parties to the transaction are not co-operative and there is an unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- If indemnity policies are required, which may require additional work and disbursements in respect of the policy premium.
Additional work arising as a result of any of these factors is charged at the hourly rate of the acting solicitor.
Our Property Team
- Nicole Green is a Partner and our Head of Residential Property. Nicole has over 10 years’ experience of residential property matters. Her hourly rate is £250.00 plus VAT.
- Parveen Abbas is a Partner. Parveen has over 12 years’ experience of residential property matters. Her hourly rate is £225.00 plus VAT.
- Henna Lynch is a partner with over 12 years’ residential property experience. Her hourly rate is £225.00 plus VAT.
- Sadia Patankar is another very experienced solicitor with over 10 years’ experience in commercial property and residential property matters . Her hourly rate is £250.00 + VAT.
We review our hourly rates at the end of March each year.
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests a lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether the buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- The nature and extent of the Buyer’s Enquiries
An average transaction will take between 4-6 weeks to reach exchange of contracts and on average there is usually 2-4 weeks between exchange and completion.
Meet the team at Perry Hay
You can contact our team for expert legal advice.
For further information or to speak to one of our experts please call us on 020 8940 8115